Sunday, February 22, 2009

My Super-Healthy Mother-In-Law Adores My Pancakes!!!

Today, Health Nut Girl faced the challenge all married women eventually face: How do you make your mother-in-law happy? More importantly, how do you convince her that you are taking care of HER SON?

Thanks to Hodgson Mill Baking Mix, I was able to whip up some whole wheat pancakes. I followed the recipe on the box, substituting Egg Beaters for eggs and throwing in some pureed banana and flax seed. I served them up with Smart Balance Spread and low sugar jam and syrup. She was beaming!

These pancakes are quite good, and I enjoy them regularly.

I will have many more entries as I continue my quest to eat a more healthy diet.

Why eat healthy? I am only 26, and my cholesterol and triglycerides were somewhat high a year ago! I have adopted a new way of eating and successfully gotten my "numbers" under control.

I reduced my triglycerides from 213 to 89 and my cholsterol from 215 to 142! My HDL (good cholesterol) has increased from 57 to 60 and my LDL (bad) has gone from 115 to 64. I think a lot of my success is due to vegetarian meals, flax seed, almonds, and cheerios...

2 comments:

  1. By the magic of facebook I've stumbled on your blog.
    Have you seen the website whfoods.com website? It's not working at the moment, but it's one of my favorite sites. It's chuck full of nerdy food chemistry and cool stuff.
    Good luck in the quest!

    ReplyDelete